Historic Sites of Manitoba: Fatima School No. 2334 (RM of Alexander)
The Fatima School District was organized formally in January 1952. A Roman Catholic church at SE16-17-9E in the Rural Municipality of Alexander was used for school classes. The district was dissolved in 1963 and its catchment area became part of the Agassiz School Division.
Lac du Bonnet topographic map, 62I/8, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Marie-Claire Granger for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 12 June 2016
Back to top of page