Historic Sites of Manitoba: United Grain Growers Grain Elevator (Fairview, Municipality of North Cypress-Langford)
A wooden grain elevator at the railway siding of Fairview, on the CNR Carberry Subdivision in what is now the Municipality of North Cypress-Langford, was constructed in 1935 to replaced an earlier elevator dating from 1905. It opened on 19 August 1935. A balloon annex was built beside it in 1940 and a crib annex was built on the other side in 1953. The elevator was closed in April 1975, when a modern elevator was built at nearby Petrel, and it was dismantled later that year.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Coordinates
United Grain Growers Fonds, University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections.
Obituaries and burial transcriptions, Manitoba Genealogical Society.
Financial support for research reported on this page was provided by the Manitoba Heritage Grants Program (grant 19F-H51134, 2019-2020).
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Denis Sabourin (Denis Sabourin Geomatics).
Page revised: 30 March 2020