Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. John’s Anglican Church / Eriksdale Museum (Eriksdale, Municipality of West Interlake)

This former Anglican church at Eriksdale, in the Municipality of West Interlake, was built in the summer of 1911 and it was consecrated by Archbishop Machray on 11 August 1911. It saw limited use after 1965 and services had ended by 1970, after which the building and property were sold and used for a time as the Eriksdale Museum.

The former St. John’s Anglican Church at Eriksdale

The former St. John’s Anglican Church at Eriksdale (November 2018)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.86165, W98.10266
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Eriksdale Creamery Museum (Eriksdale, Municipality of West Interlake)

Sources:

Beyond Beginnings by Eriksdale Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee, 1996, pages 78-80.

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 11 November 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.