Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Erickson Centennial Monument (Erickson, Municipality of Clanwilliam-Erickson)

In 1967, a monument in the Erickson Centennial Grounds was erected by the Village of Erickson, the Rural Municipality of Clanwilliam, and the Rolling River Indian Reserve to commemorate the Canadian centennial year. Another plaque was mounted on it in 1970 for the Manitoba centennial year. A third plaque was added for the Erickson Homecoming held on 7-16 July 2000. Near the cairn is an old church building and the building for Nedrob School No. 1934. The former Bethlehem Lutheran Church Manse was used for a time as a museum at the site.

Erickson Centennial Monument

Erickson Centennial Monument (August 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Nedrob School at Erickson Centennial Grounds

Nedrob School at Erickson Centennial Grounds (August 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.50353, W99.91260
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 26 January 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.