A two-storey brick building in Elie, in the Rural Municipality of Cartier, formerly housed a Roman Catholic Convent built in 1915 for the Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions. It closed between 1984 and 1985, and is now used as a Bed and Breakfast. The cross on the building’s roof was dismantled before it fell off but the owners intend to restore and replace it.
The Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions by Antoine S. Lussier
Volume 23, Number 4, Summer 1978
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Rose Kuzina.
Page revised: 1 October 2019
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.