Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Edgar House (703 Main Street North, Dauphin)

This two-storey wood frame house on Main Street North East in Dauphin was constructed in 1899 for furniture merchant William Edgar and, within the next nine years, it was more than doubled in size. Later occupants included educator Robert McKay Stevenson in the late 1920s and early 1930s, a music studio, and the town’s first kindergarten centre.

Edgar House

Edgar House (May 2019)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N51.15440, W100.04456
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Robert McKay Stevenson (1882-1970)

Sources:

Dauphin: A Historical Walking Tour, City of Dauphin.

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 1 December 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.