Historic Sites of Manitoba: Earl Grey School No. 1527 (RM of St. Andrews)
The Earl Grey School District was organized formally in April 1910 and a school building operated on the southwest quarter of 36-13-3 east of the Principal Meridian, in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrews. It closed around 1967 as jurisdiction for the area became the responsibility of the Lord Selkirk School Division. The former school building was renovated into a private residence.
Among the teachers of Earl Grey School were Ernest H. Reid (late 1920s) and Audrey Linklater (1932-1934).
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Beyond the Gates of Lower Fort Garry 1880-1981: R.M. of St. Andrews by Municipality of St. Andrews, 1982. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.S22 Bey]
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 6 November 2017
Back to top of page