Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Dumoulin School No. 1697 (RM of Fisher)

The Dumoulin School District was established formally in August 1913 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at the northeast corner of NW33-23-1W in the Rural Municipality of Fisher. The district was dissolved in 1966 and its catchment area became part of the Lakeshore School Division.

Dumoulin School

Dumoulin School (no date) by M. Hall-Jones
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-3, page 18.

Site Location (lat/long): N51.03807, W97.54689
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

School District Formation Files [Dumoulin School District No. 1697], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 17 May 2015

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.