A wooden grain elevator at Dufresne, on the CNR Sprague Subdivision in the Rural Municipality of Tache, was built in 1948 by the Manitoba Pool Elevators. Closed by Agricore in November 2000, the elevator was purchased by a group of four local farmers and has been used for private grain storage since 2001.
Agent / Buyer
Hector R. Lahaie
C. R. Thompson
Rene J. Morin
Manitoba Pool grain elevator at Dufresne (June 1992)
Source: Historic Resources Branch, Grain Elevator Inventory, slide 2330.
The former Manitoba Pool grain elevator at Dufresne (July 2014)
Source: Jean McManus
Aerial view of the former Manitoba Pool grain elevator at Dufresne (October 2016)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Aerial view of the former Manitoba Pool grain elevator at Dufresne (September 2020)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.72648, W96.72369
denoted by symbol on the map above
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 28 December 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!