Historic Sites of Manitoba: Diana School No. 1355 (Municipality of Two Borders)
The Diana School District was established in January 1906 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NE20-6-29W in what is now the Municipality of Two Borders. The school was closed between 1944 and 1947 then closed permanently in June 1962. In 1966, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Sinclair Consolidated School District and later the Fort La Bosse School Division. The former school building was sold and moved away from the site.
Among the teachers of Diana School were Jonasina Stefansson, Thorstina Jackson, Johan G. Johannson, Kristin Arman, Elin Gudmundson, Thura Johnson, Kristin Skulason, Kristjan B. Sigurdson, Gudron Rafnkelson, Margaret Oliver, Betty Einarson, Miss Joyce Floyd (1947), Miss Gwen Nash (1948), Marian Henderson (1949), Aline Bonneteau (1950), Mrs. Roby (1951), June Forsyth (1951), Enid Stamford (1952-1953), Hazel Adams (1953), Donald Nakonesky (1953), Joan Sandoen (1954), Shirley Taylor (1955), Roberta Allan (1956), Carol Sundmark (1957), Theodore Swaluke (1958), Mrs. Marjory Penny (1959), Mrs. Thelma Hunkin (1960), Mrs. Grace Renwick (1961), and Otto Perlette (1962).
Reston West topographic map, 62F/11 West, Edition 1, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Trails Along the Pipestone by Pipestone History Project, c1981, pages 112-113. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.P56 Tra]
Reflections of Time: A History of the RM of Albert by RM of Albert History Book, 1984. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.A43 Ref]
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 12 January 2015
Back to top of page