Historic Sites of Manitoba: Winnipeg Electric Company Desautels Substation (403-407 Rue Desautels, Winnipeg)
A brick building on Rue Desautels in Winnipeg was built in 1927 by the Claydon Construction Company as a local electrical substation for the Winnipeg Electric Company. It was later occupied by a succession of other businesses.
Manitoba Business: Claydon Brothers Construction Company / Claydon Construction Limited
Manitoba Business: Winnipeg Electric Railway Company / Winnipeg Electric Company
“New sub-station to cost $15,000 in St. Boniface,” Manitoba Free Press, 20 August 1927, page 25.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 20 May 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.