Dawson School was formally established in February 1881, on the northwest quarter of 36-24-6 west of the Principal Meridian, in the Rural Municipality of Victoria. It operated until November 1905 when it was merged with Holland Consolidated School No. 390.
Dawson School monument (2010)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.62098, W98.89286
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 1 October 2014
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.