This three-storey brick and stone block on Furby Street in Winnipeg was designed by local architects Samuel Hooper and John Simpson Hooper, and constructed in 1911 by John McQuarrie for owner Mrs. C. Gerrie (probably wife of Charles A. Gerrie) at a cost of about $75,000. The 81 foot by 112 foot building contained 21 residential apartments in its original configuration, but now contains 23.
Memorable Manitobans: Samuel Hooper (1851-1911)
Memorable Manitobans: John Simpson Hooper (1875-1940)
Memorable Manitobans: John McQuarrie (1849-1929)
Memorable Manitobans: Charles A. Gerrie (1869-1950)
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 2136/1911, City of Winnipeg Archives.
Cycel Court, 193 Furby Street by Murray Peterson, Peterson Projects, February 2009.
Find a Postal Code, Canada Post.
Preparation of this page was supported, in part, by the Gail Parvin Hammerquist Fund of the City of Winnipeg.
This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer, Gordon Goldsborough, and George Penner.
Page revised: 26 January 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.