Creighton Terrace was a three-unit brick structure built at this site in the Town of Emerson during the summer of 1882 by W. D. Creighton, who moved to Dominion City later that year where he purchased and operated a brick plant. The structure bore some resemblance to a three-unit terrace house built in Winnipeg in 1881 on a design by local architect Charles Barber. It was a municipally-designated heritage site before it was demolished around 2001.
Site Location (lat/long): N49.00805, W97.20678
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lorne Terrace (1133 Lorne Avenue, Brandon)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Queen Terrace (302 Queen Street West, Virden)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Creighton Terrace, 33 Fourth Street, Emerson, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 March 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.