Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Creeford School No. 180 (Municipality of North Cypress-Langford)

The Creeford School District was established in September 1883 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SE20-12-16W in what is now the Municipality of North Cypress-Langford. Some of the teachers who worked at the school were Harriet Thompson (circa 1885) and James Dodds. It closed in the early 1890s and the building was moved to the village of Brookdale where it was used as a private residence until around 1979.

Creeford School No. 180

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.01985, W99.61930
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

Quest in Roots by Brookdale Historical Society, 1987. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.B81Que]

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 21 April 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.