Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Cox House (7348 Henderson Highway North, RM of St. Clements)

This area in the Rural Municipality of St. Clements was used between 1840 and 1862 as a wood lot by retired HBC boatman and labourer John Cox. In 1862, Cox gave his newly married son Robert the land here for a house and the Red River frame building that resulted was occupied by members of the Cox family until the mid-1970s. The building, a provincially-designated historic site as of 1994, is undergoing renovations by its present owners.

Cox House

Cox House (July 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.09962, W96.93723
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Red River Frame Buildings

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Provincially Designated Historic Sites

Sources:

Cox House, 7348 Henderson Highway North, R.M. of St. Clements, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 16 January 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | Questions | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.