Historic Sites of Manitoba: Concrete Beam Bridge (Jordan River, Municipality of Emerson-Franklin)
This small concrete beam bridge over the Jordan River in the Rural Municipality of Franklin was built by contractor Fred Esterby in 1920, replacing a bridge erected three years earlier. Today, the municipally-designated historic site shows signs of deterioration, notably the breakdown and near-absence of balusters in some sections of its railings.
Concrete beam bridge over the Jordan River (September 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.16817, W96.96549
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Concrete Box Bridge, SW 31-2-5E, Woodmore area, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
Concrete Box Bridge, SW 35-2-5E, Greenridge area, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 16 May 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.