Historic Sites of Manitoba: Clover Plain School No. 2292 (RM of Morris)
The Clover Plain School District (sometimes referred to as Clover Plains) was formally established in February 1939, having operated previously under the auspices of the Rosenort School District. A school building operated in the northwest quarter of 34-5-1 east of the Principal Meridian, in the Rural Municipality of Morris. After the school closed in June 1966, students from this area went to Rosenort Consolidated School No. 2455. The building was used for some time as a print shop, later as a residence, then was sold and moved to Sanford in 1977. A private residence was built on the site.
Among the teachers who worked at Clover Plain School were: Ernest Reimer, Jacob Peters, Henry Funk, Bill Born, Abe Penner, Susie Peters, Katie Martens, Edward Enns, Ben Dueck, Laura Plett, Rita Klassen, Dave Friesen, Bill Schroeder, Walter Dueck, and ElmerWarkentine.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Furrows in the Valley: A History of the Municipality and its People compiled by the Morris History Book Committee, edited by Lenore Eidse, 1980.
Aerial photograph A11638-81 , Manitoba Air Photo Library.
We thank Mariette Allen for assistance in locating an aerial photograph of Clover Plain School.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 March 2017
Back to top of page