Historic Sites of Manitoba: Cloverleaf School No. 1638 (RM of Brokenhead)
The Cloverleaf School District was organized in July 1912 and a one-classroom schoolhouse operated at SW10-12-7E in the Rural Municipality of Brokenhead. A new two-classroom school was opened officially on 28 November 1947. In 1963, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Agassiz School Division.
Among the teachers who worked at Cloverleaf School were Anthony Romanow and Robert McElroy.
Photos & Coordinates
Dugald East topographic map, 62H/15, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
“Adam Matheson one of feature speakers at Cloverleaf School opening,” Springfield Leader, 9 December 1947, page 1.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 22 January 2023