Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Clement House (312 Memorial Avenue, Russell, Municipality of Russell-Binscarth)

This house in Russell was built in 1948 by General Motors dealer Frank Clement (?-1977). At the time of his death, he had the world's longest continuous contract with General Motors, having started in 1912. The building is listed in the Russell Historical Walking Tour.

Clement House

Clement House (February 2020)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.78152, W101.28533
denoted by symbol on the map above

 

Sources:

Russell Historical Walking Tour, Asessippi Parkland Tourism.

This page was prepared by George Penner and S. Goldsborough.

Page revised: 24 June 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.