Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lake of the Woods Grain Elevator / Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator (Clandeboye, RM of St. Andrews)
A wooden grain elevator at Clandeboye, on the CPR Winnipeg Beach Subdivision in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrews, dates back to 1916 when a 25,000-bushel crib was constructed here by the Lake of the Woods Milling Company. Replaced with a 40,000 bushel elevator in 1938, it was sold to the Ogilvie Flour Mills in 1954 then to Manitoba Pool Elevators in 1959. Closed in July 1976, the elevator was demolished in 1979.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Coordinates
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
Obituary [Daniel Joseph O'Donnell], Winnipeg Free Press, 15 November 1965, page 28.
Obituary [William Murdoch], Winnipeg Free Press, 22 February 1986, page 40.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 30 March 2022