Historic Sites of Manitoba: Port Staff House / Television Station CHGH (Polar Bear Honor Street, Churchill)
A three-storey, concrete block building on a hill near Cape Merry in Churchill was built around 1950 to accommodate staff of the nearby grain terminal. It was later used as by television station CHGH and is now abandoned and boarded up. In 2017, its exterior was painted as part of a public art program.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Churchill Grain Elevator and Port (Hudson Bay, Churchill)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Abandoned Manitoba
Memorable Manitobans: Douglas Warren “Doug” Ritchie (c1923-1975)
Financial support for research reported on this page was provided by Manitoba Heritage Grant 18F-H49829.
We thank Shelley Batstone for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 9 March 2020
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.