Built in Cartwright in 1899, using local fieldstones, the interior was rebuilt in 1910 following a fire. A municipally-designated heritage site, it was refurbished as part of the Manitoba Prairie Churches Project.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Prairie Churches Project / Manitoba Prairie Icons Project
Christ Anglican Church, 505 Curwen Street, Cartwright, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
We thank Vicki Wallace for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and George Penner.
Page revised: 5 August 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.