Historic Sites of Manitoba: Carey Park (Kingston Row, Winnipeg)
As the Windsor Park residential neighbourhood of Winnipeg developed around it, this 1.84-acre site at the southeast corner of Kingston Row and Killarney Street was left undeveloped as a public park. It was named posthumously, sometime between 1960 and 1988, for local municipal official and naturalist Harold Eric Carey.
McPhillips’ Map of the City Winnipeg, City of St. Boniface and Vicinity, 1910.
“St. Vital --- Windsor Park,” Manitoba Free Press, 10 April 1911, page 3.
[Chataway’s Map of Greater Winnipeg, 1912.]
“River bank paradise,” Winnipeg Free Press, 18 June 1988, page 69.
Henderson’s Winnipeg and Brandon Directories, Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries.
This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer.
Page revised: 3 March 2017
Back to top of page