This museum in Carberry occupies a former sash and door factory owned and operated by James White. In 1939, White sold the building to J. H. Toby and W. B. McKay who operated a machine shop in it. It became a community museum in 1976 when local citizens, assisted by the Rural Municipality of North Cypress, took over the building.
Carberry Plains Museum (April 2010)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.8662, W99.36167
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: White House (510 Fourth Avenue, Carberry)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Carberry Plains Archives (115 Main Street, Carberry)
Historical Tour - Carberry, Manitoba by Rosemary Malaher
Manitoba History, Number 14, Autumn 1987
Carberry Plains Museum
“Historic building saved, shop becomes museum” by Penny Ham, Brandon Sun, 1 March 1977, page 8.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 18 February 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.