Historic Sites of Manitoba: Buller School No. 1702 (RM of Grahamdale)
The Buller School District was organized formally in October 1913 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at the northeast corner (and later, the northwest corner) of NW17-23-6W in the Rural Municipality of Woodlea, in what later became the Rural Municipality of Grahamdale. In 1936, the district became part of the Woodlea Municipal School District.
School District Formation Files [Woodlea Municipal School District No. 1589, Buller School District No. 1702], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Trustee records regarding geographically remote schools directly administered by Department (E 0166), File 1589 - Woodlea (General) - Permanent, GR1206, Archives of Manitoba.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 9 March 2019
Back to top of page