This one-storey wood frame residence on Magnus Avenue in Winnipeg was built in 1901 by contractor Arch MacDonald for accountant Charles W. Brown. Later owners included Israel Nitikman (c1917-c1929), and Zivel Wolch (1943).
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Brown House (12 Kingsway, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Brown House (27 Dundurn Place, Winnipeg)
Charles W. Brown House, 153 Magnus Avenue by Murray Peterson, Peterson Projects, February 2009.
Henderson’s Winnipeg and Brandon Directories, Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 26 June 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.