Historic Sites of Manitoba: Brightstar School No. 2024 (RM of Brokenhead)
The Brightstar School District was established formally in February 1920 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NW14-14-6E in the Rural Municipality of Brokenhead. The school closed in 1966 and the district was dissolved in 1968, with its catchment area becoming part of the Agassiz School Division.
The teachers of Brightstar School were Marjorie Magus (1922), Annie Brodie Carswell Dunn (1923), Sophie Adamek (1924-1927), Margaret A. Gorowski (1927-1928), Edith Margaret Harvey (1928), Mrs. Hope Bowman (1929), Mrs. Arnold G. Flett (1929), Olive Margaret Wall (1930), Mrs. Hope Bowman (1930-1932), Erin Marguerite Flett (1932-1934), Evelyn Margaret Flett (1935), Walter Vladmir Zabolotny (1935-1938), Minnie Agnes Cooper (1938-1940), Ella June Bilan (1940-1941), Joseph Frederick (1941-1942), Stella Helene Dancho (1942-1945), Fern Koziar (1945-1946), Mrs. Belle M. Bruce (1947), Mary Evelyn Dufault (1947-1948), Peter Kozyra (1948-1949), Ella Nalinta (1949-1950), and Sophie J. Galka (1950-1966).
School District Formation Files [Brightstar School District No. 2024], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Bright Star School, Tyndall, St. Clements Heritage.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 13 April 2015
Back to top of page