Historic Sites of Manitoba: Brandon Court / Riverbank Plaza (377 Brandon Avenue, Winnipeg)
This three-storey brick block on Brandon Avenue in Winnipeg was designed by architect Max Zev Blankstein and built in 1912 by contractor and owner Frank Moses at a cost of about $100,000. The 110 feet by 74 feet building contained 29 apartments in its original configuration. In 1913, contractor J. Vickery built an additional 90 feet by 40 feet building beside the original one, containing 21 more apartments, at a cost of about $35,000. Repairs to the building, at a cost of about $25,000, were made in 1925.
Known originally as Brandon Court, the building was renamed Riverbank Plaza in the mid-1960s.
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 3235/1912, City of Winnipeg Archives.
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 1047/1916, City of Winnipeg Archives.
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 3576/1925, City of Winnipeg Archives.
Apartment House Architecture in Winnipeg to 1915 by David Spector, December 1980.
Preparation of this page was supported, in part, by the Gail Parvin Hammerquist Fund of the City of Winnipeg.
Page revised: 29 November 2022