Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Blessed Virgin Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Catholic Church (530 Donald Road, RM of St. Andrews)

The first church for a Ukrainian Catholic parish in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrews was built in 1914. Between 1958 and 1959, this second church was built one mile east of the first church, according to the architectural specifications of Father Philip Ruh.

Blessed Virgin Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Catholic Church

Blessed Virgin Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Catholic Church (September 2015)
Source: George Penner

Interior of the Blessed Virgin Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Catholic Church

Interior of the Blessed Virgin Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Catholic Church (September 2015)
Source: George Penner

Site Location (lat/long): N50.09999, W97.01818
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Philip Ruh (1883-1962)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Blessed Virgin Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Catholic Church (East Selkirk, RM of St. Clements)

Sources:

This page was prepared by George Penner.

Page revised: 12 August 2018

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.