Historic Sites of Manitoba: Bishop Grandin Boulevard Plaque (Bishop Grandin Boulevard, Winnipeg)
Bishop Grandin Boulevard, named in honour of Bishop Vital Grandin OMI, was first opened to traffic from Lagimodiere Boulevard to Pembina Highway on 15 November 1978, connecting the communities of St. Boniface, St. Vital, and Fort Garry.
The westerly extension of this thoroughfare in 1990, connecting Pembina Highway to Waverley Street, was a further component in the Winnipeg transportation system. This project was funded and constructed over a three-year period by the City of Winnipeg. It was opened by Mayor William Norrie at a ceremony on 8 November 1990.
Bishop Grandin Boulevard Plaque (August 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.81852, W97.15288
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Bishop Grandin Boulevard Plaque (Winnipeg)
Memorable Manitobans: Vital Justin Grandin (1829-1902)
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 17 March 2012
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.