The Bird River School District was organized formally in October 1913 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at 16-17-14E in the Rural Municipality of Alexander. In 1966, the district was dissolved and its catchment area became part of the Lac du Bonnet Consolidated School District and later the Agassiz School Division.
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.40707, W95.72064
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Randy Raban.
Page revised: 30 April 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!