Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Beulah Marker (Municipality of Prairie View)

This monument in the Municipality of Prairie View was erected in 1980 by the Beulah Women’s Institute to mark the former site of Beulah. Established in 1882, the name of the community was allegedly chosen by three elderly residents based on their favourite place name from the Bible. In 1911, Beulah was moved to its present location, less than a mile northwest of here.

Beulah commemorative sign

Beulah commemorative sign (October 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.25496, W101.01488
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Geographic Names of Manitoba, Manitoba Conservation, 2000.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 3 February 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.