Historic Sites of Manitoba: Bertram School No. 2097 (RM of Lorne)
The Bertram School District was established in July 1922 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NW11-5-10W in the Rural Municipality of Lorne. In 1959, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Richard Consolidated School District and later the Mountain School Division.
Among the teachers who worked at Bertram School through the years was Wilma Miller Farness (1950).
Somerset East topographic map, 62G/7 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Ed Arndt and Wilma Miller Farness for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 11 November 2014
Back to top of page