Historic Sites of Manitoba: Bedford Building / Stobart and Sons Building (281 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg)
This large brick warehouse was designed by James H. Cadham and built in 1903 for the wholesale dry goods firm of Stobart, Sons and Company, organized in 1899 by F. W. Stobart. Four years later, two additional floors were added. The company closed in the 1940s and the building has since been occupied by a number of small businesses. It is a municipally-designated historic site.
Bedford Building (2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.89750, W97.14163
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Bedford Building (281 McDermot Avenue), Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, September 1986.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 25 May 2015
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.