Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Beaver Rapids School No. 674 (RM of Ellice-Archie)

The Beaver Rapids School District was organized formally in November 1891 and a one-room school building was erected on the southeast quarter of 8-16-29 west of the Principal Meridian, in what is now the Rural Municipality of Ellice-Archie. It closed in 1927 and the remaining students went to Rutherglen Consolidated School No. 1297. The building is no longer at the site but a monument commemorates it.

Beaver Rapids School commemorative monument

Beaver Rapids School commemorative monument (June 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.34372, W101.43300
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 24 January 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.