Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 139 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop


Manitoba
History

No. 86


This Old
Elevator


Abandoned
Manitoba


Memorable
Manitobans


Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Knox Presbyterian / Basswood United Church (Basswood, RM of Oakview)

A monument in the village of Basswood, in the Rural Municipality of Oakview, marks the site of Basswood United Church. Built in 1901, it was known initially as Knox Presbyterian Church, becoming Basswood United in 1925 with the unification in Canada of the Presbyterian, Methodist, and Congregationalist faiths. The church served the community until June 1984.

Among the clerics who served at Basswood United was George H. Hambley.

Basswood United Church Monument

Basswood United Church Monument (August 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Location (lat/long): N50.30240, W100.03407
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 4 August 2017

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2018 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.