Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 144 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Bank of Toronto Building / Toronto-Dominion Bank Building (North Railway Street, Cartwright, Municipality of Cartwright-Roblin)

This two-storey brick building at Cartwright was built in 1912 as a branch for the Bank of Toronto. Banking facilities were located on the main floor with a residential apartment for the manager on the second floor. It was the Toronto-Dominion Bank from 1957 until closing in 2000. The building is now a private residence.

The former Bank of Toronto Building at Cartwright

The former Bank of Toronto Building at Cartwright (August 2018)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.09480, W99.34052
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

This page was prepared by George Penner.

Page revised: 13 August 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2023 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.