Historic Sites of Manitoba: Audy School No. 2183 (RM of Park)
The Audy School District was organized formally in August 1928. A school building operated at this site, SE5-20-20W in the Rural Municipality of Park, until it closed in June 1967. The district was dissolved and its area became part of the Rolling River School Division. The former school building was renovated into a private residence and a stone monument nearby commemorates it.
The teachers of Audy School were Helen Charzewsky (1929-1931), Joseph Jankiewicz (1931-1932), Helen Virginia Krett (1932-1934), Frank Kenneth Wilson (1934-1935), Florentine Menzie (1935-1937), Michael Shewaga (1937-1940), John W. Boychuk (1940-1941), Katrina Cecelia Michalchuk (1941-1942), Kurt J. Keitel (1942-1943), Elsie Chastko (1942-1944), Wassy Zdan (1944-1945, 1945-1946), H. D. Giesbrecht (1945-1946), Muriel Marion Yarych (1946-1947), Wanda Catherine Styrosky (1947-1948), Harry Alfred Martin (1948-1949), Nick John Genik (1949-1950), Eudofia Donna Byblow (1950-1951), Mrs. Helen Malchuk (1951-1952), Julia Sylvia Ilnisky (1952-1953), Mrs. Rodd (1953-1954), Mrs. Black (1953-1954), Mrs. Genevieve Brown (1953-1954), Miss Winona Rae Usick (1954-1955), Walter Kilwnik (1955-1956), Tony Semchyshyn (1956-1957), Bernard Chastko (1957-1958), Vic Chorneyko (1958-1959), Madeline Knight (1958-1959), Jack Chuba (1959-1960), Walter Yanchycki (1961-1963), Evelyn O’Toole (1963-1964), Vicki Hnatiuk (1964-1965), and Mrs. Lillian Trakalo (1965-1967).
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Pioneers and Progress Along Clear Creek - The History of the Clear Creek #2147 and Lake Audy School District #2183 by Clear Creek History Committee, Brandon: Leech Printing, 1984.
A History of Sandy Lake and District, 1984. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5649.S32 His]
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 16 February 2015
Back to top of page