A metal sign marks the former site of Arrowton School in what is now the Municipality of Prairie View. Established formally in November 1892, the school operated here from 1893 to mid-1912 when it was consolidated with Decker School to form Decker Consolidated School No. 320.
Arrowton School commemorative sign (October 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.22574, W100.78305
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 February 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!