This two-storey brick residence in the Municipality of Boissevain-Morton, a municipally-designated historic site (1995), was built in 1914 by Ontario-born farmers George and Margaret Armstrong, who had arrived in this area about 1882. It was later occupied by their son, farmer and auctioneer Roy H. Armstrong. The farm was sold in 1964.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Armstrong House (106 Crescent Road W, Portage la Prairie)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Armstrong Homestead, Boissevain area, SW 12-3-20W, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 21 January 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.