Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 139 years


Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop


No. 87

in Manitoba

This Old



Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Anderson School No. 156 (RM of Roland)

Anderson School District was organized in June 1884. A school building was constructed in NE31-4-4W in the Rural Municipality of Roland. The school closed in 1947 and the building was sold, moved across the road to NE36-4-5W, and used as a granary. The district was formally dissolved in January 1954.

Among the teachers of Anderson School were William Foster (1884) and Marjorie Wilkinson (1947).

Anderson School

Anderson School sign (2010)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Location (lat/long): N49.35474, W98.00129
denoted by symbol on the map above


One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

Roland & Myrtle Family Histories, Roland 4H, 1990, page 79.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 14 October 2017

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.

Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

Back to top of page


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2018 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.