This barn in the Rural Municipality of Elton, built in 1903 by William Anderson, who settled in the area in 1889, is a model of a typical barn in southern Ontario: a gable-roofed loft, a solid fieldstone foundation set into a hill (and thus providing easy access on the lower side into the stable and from the upper level into the hay loft), and cladding of the upper walls with vertical board and batten siding.
Anderson Barn (June 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.93972, W99.90346
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Anderson Barn, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 30 August 2012
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.