Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Alonsa United Church (Alonsa, RM of Alonsa)

This former United church in Alonsa, in the Rural Municipality of Alonsa, opened in 1938 and closed in 2006. The building was sold for $1 to the Alex Robertson Museum.

Among the clerics who served at Alonsa United was Rev. Kathy Platt (?-2006).

The former Alonsa United Church building

The former Alonsa United Church building (August 2021)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Location (lat/long): N50.79968, W98.97377
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Alonsa School No. 1920 / Alex Robertson Museum / Alonsa War Memorial (Alonsa, RM of Alonsa)

Sources:

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 15 August 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.