Built in 1904 on a design by Winnipeg architect J. H. G. Russell, this three-storey brick structure was occupied by clothier Daniel Flynn Allman until about 1923. It subsequently accommodated a succession of businesses. In November 2014, the bulding became a municipally-designated historic site.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
The Allmans of Colony Street: 1882-1899 by Anne Lindsay
Manitoba History, Number 61, Fall 2009
“Historical nodes for fire halls,” Winnipeg Free Press, 28 November 2014, page B5.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 January 2016
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.