Historic Sites of Manitoba: Allen Building / Wilson Building (288 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg)
This six-storey building on the south side of McDermot Avenue was constructed in 1905 by Peter Lyall and Company for the paper products firm of J. C. Wilson Company. It was designed by local architect John Woodman. The company originally occupied the basement and first floor, with various tenants on the upper levels. Wilson moved out in 1946 and the structure was renamed the Allen Building. It is a municipally-designated historic site.
Wilson Building (September 2015)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.89751, W97.14207
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Allen Building (288 McDermot Avenue), Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, September 1986.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 12 September 2015
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.