Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Adelpha Town Site (Adelpha, Municipality of Boissevain-Morton)

This site in the Municipality of Boissevain-Morton was the former location of Adelpha, established in 1905 when the Canadian National Railway built a branch line from Greenway, and the station here was named for the Adelpha post office that had operated in the vicinity since the early 1880s. The rail line was extended on to Deloraine in 1914.

Adelpha Town Site

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.10058, W99.94981
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Geographic Names of Manitoba, Manitoba Conservation, 2000.

Post Offices and Postmasters, Library and Archives Canada.

Adelpha by Teyana Neufeld, Turtle Mountain - Souris Plains Heritage Association.

This page was prepared by Allan Drysdale, Lorna Clark, and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 12 September 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.