Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Manitoba History: Stoney Creek School

Manitoba History, Number 6, Fall 1983

This article was published originally in Manitoba History by the Manitoba Historical Society on the above date. We make this online version available as a free, public service. As an historical document, the article may contain language and views that are no longer in common use and may be culturally sensitive in nature.

Please direct all inquiries to webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Help us keep
history alive!

Stoney Creek School

Stoney Creek School
Source: Mrs. C. Birnie

The first Stoney Creek School, a log structure, was opened for classes on 8 December 1881. It was the second school opened in the Neepawa area, and was situated two miles west of Neepawa on what is now Highway No. 16. The second school, shown in the 1901 photograph above, was built in 1897 and remained in use until 1950. In 1964 the building was sold to the Neepawa Lions Club, who moved it to its present location in Riverbend Park, Neepawa. In 1983 the Lions refurbished the building, and in celebration of the town's centennial Neepawa children again attended classes in it.

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Stoney Creek School No. 133 (Municipality of North Cypress-Langford)

Page revised: 8 November 2019

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.